Capitol Development Design, Inc. (CDDI) is headquartered in Beltsville, MD. It was founded in 1994 by President/CEO Victor Chen, P.E. He was later joined by three partners:
- Gary R. Butson, A.L.S.A.,
- Stephen O. Coleman, L.S.,
- Massoud Towhidi, P.E.
CDDI provides a wide variety of services including Civil Engineering, Land Planning, Landscape Architecture, Surveying, Construction Management, Field Inspection, sustainable, efficient, economic, environmentally green site design.
Our mission at CDDI is to provide the highest quality and most cost effective engineering, surveying, land planning, and testing services to our clients, while assuring promptness and efficiency on all projects.
CDDI prides itself in client satisfaction. Our project management structure is organized to insure that a project manager is assigned to the project from its inception through completion. CDDI utilizes strict quality control on every project to expedite approvals. Clients benefit from dealing with one individual who is responsible for overseeing the project through phases and can keep them informed. Our satisfied clients bring us consistent repeat business and are helping our new client base to grow by their referrals.
For more than a decade, CDDI has provided its clients with cost saving technical solutions regardless of terrain, soil type, drainage, or other challenges. CDDI clients receive sustainable, effective and efficient engineering solutions to meet governmental requirements for revitalization of our communities. CDDI provides complete Land Development Design services, from feasibility analysis through final inspections.
We provide quality Civil Engineering Design, Land Planning, Storm water Management, Landscape Design, Water, Sewer, Utility Design and Permitting services.
Furthermore, CDDI surveyors are trained in the latest equipment including; 3D laser scanners (Terrestrial Lidar), Robotic Total Stations with Electronic Data Collection, Global Positioning Systems and Digital Leveling. These are supported by state-of-the-art surveying software. Our surveyors attend regular classes and seminars to stay current.
CDDI currently offers services falling under NAICS Codes:
- 541330 - Engineering Services
- 541370 - Surveying and Mapping
- 541320 - Landscape Architectural Services
- 561439 - Reprographic services
- 323110 - Printing
- 541340 - Drafting Services
- 541350 - Construction Inspection Services
- 541350 - Building Inspection Services
- 541380 - Geotechnical testing laboratories
- 541380 - Soil testing laboratories
- 541620 - Environmental Consulting Services
Current Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certifications
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)
- Prince George’s County Government, MD
- Prince George’s County Public Schools, MD
- Howard County, MD
- Commonwealth of Virginia, DMBE
- National Railroad Passenger Corporation (AMTRAK)
- Metropolitan Washington Unified Certification Program (DDOT & WMATA)
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority